One of our most popular services at Paramus Pilates, physical therapy, provides a multitude of benefits, from treating back pain to the condition of your overall health and well-being. Pilates is commonly used as effective treatments for upper and lower back pain provided by a certified, experienced specialist in physical therapy Bergen County NJ relies on.
Even minor back pain can be debilitating on some level. Lower or upper back pain makes it difficult to stand, sit, or lay down for any significant amount of time. Pain medications can help to mask the pain, though the underlying causes still exist. Pilates uses your own body to help make corrections and adjustments to your body’s systems that relate to your spine.
Top 5 Moves Used in Paramus Pilates Physical Therapy For Back Pain
Pilates moves each have unique characteristics that can help with certain areas of your back and the rest of your body. Most are designed to build up back strength and improve mobility and flexibility. All work to improve core strength to benefit your overall health and well-being.
The following are among the most-used moves used by a qualified therapist for Pilates Oakland residents trust.
- Be the superhero of your own upper or lower back pain with this common Pilates move that is designed to strengthen your hips and the muscles along your spine. In addition to easing pain, the Superman move will also help to improve your posture.
- You do not have to hit the pool to take advantage of the motions used for swimming. This Pilates Oakland exercise will strengthen your back, as long as you keep your spine extended and use your abs to support the back and forth movement.
- Rolling up like a ball and then slowly rolling back and forth will gently massage your upper and lower back. This move will also stabilize your core movement.
- Pelvic Bridge
- Building a bridge can help alleviate back pain through the classic pelvic bridge Pilates move. The exercise helps to strengthen your lower back and works out your quads, hamstrings, and abs, which are keys to keep your lower back from sagging.
- The majestic swan move in Paramus Pilates physical therapy involves strengthening your entire backside. This allows for better coordination between your lower and upper body.
Why Choose Paramus Medical & Sports Rehabilitation Center?
At Paramus Medical & Sports Rehabilitation Center, we are a full-service physical therapy provider. If you need Pilates, acupuncture, or a certified chiropractor Clifton NJ uses to relieve pain and manage a wide range of other conditions, call Paramus Medical today. Our services and staff provide effective, affordable relief through the integration of multiple kinds of therapy.
Contact Paramus Today
If you are struggling with back pain that other treatment options have not been effective at relieving, contact a Paramus Pilates physical therapy today professional for complete information on how Pilates can help ease or even eliminate your lower or upper back pain.